15 July 2006

In the beginning

I was planning on starting off with a little bit about me, what it's been like as an adjunct web instructor, how one sticks out a year of law school and then bails to go follow her passion for history...

But that will all have to wait. You see, last night I injured myself. It involved a cheese grater and my thumb knuckle on my right hand. (Guess who's a rightie!) It might be bad enough to need something other than a bang'd-aid, but my family has a long line of injury stubborn-ness. And scars are sexy!

So typing is slow going. I've already had to inform my students at Alien U that they're not getting commented papers back this weekend. Knowing them, they don't care for the most part. In the summer, my kids are in maƱana-ville, especially around the 4th of July holiday.

For your linky pleasure, I present the 7 Deadly Sins of Students by Thomas H. Benton, as published in The Chronicle of Higher Education.

Class dismissed.

1 comment:

SavageCats said...

"Cheese graters are less well known by their other name, Sponge Destroyers." --Mitch Hedburg

I have also encountered the Sponge Destroyer of Doom, and have dubbed it with another name. The Skin Destroyer. One of the many, many cooking-related scars on my hands comes from a Skin Destroyer. Don't even get me started on my burns, or my non-cooking related hand v. particle board and hand v. sterio injuries....

PS--Scars ARE sexxxy.....